About The Programme
The Master of Arts in Buddhist Studies (MABS), an external postgraduate degree programme prepared by the Department of Pali & Buddhist Studies, University of Kelaniya (UoK), Sri Lanka, is an extension programme for those students who have successfully completed the Diploma in Buddhist Studies programme of the University of Kelaniya.
The primary objective of this one-year programme is to provide an opportunity for the students as it is the perfect option for those who are unable to follow a full-time programme but are passionate about pursuing an education in Buddhist teachings, philosophy and research.
The programme is an excellent opening to all who are interested in acquiring a greater understanding and knowledge of Buddhism and its application, development and practice in contemporary society and way of life. The course will cover different aspects of Buddhist studies and their relevance to the society and the world today.
- A Bachelor’s Degree course, which comprises Buddhist studies as a subject or a major course unit; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any subject together with one year Diploma in Buddhist studies; or
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Buddhist Studies from a recognized university is eligible to obtain admission to this programme
Who Should Join This Programme
- Sunday school teachers
- Dhamma speakers
- Managers, organisers, leaders, coordinators and volunteers of Buddhist Institutions and organisations
- Social workers & counselors
- Anyone interested to acquire insightful knowledge and understanding of Buddhism
Awarded by University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- Upon successful completion in the final examination set by UoK
- Graduate students with UoK Master in Buddhist Studies qualify for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Buddhist Studies program with any university
One Year (Full Time)
Two Semesters In A Calendar Year
Saturday & Sunday
9 am to 5 pm
Lectures, discussions, assignments & workshops
(Via Online Zoom)