Online via Zoom
About The Programme
This Buddhist psychology course is designed by incorporating fundamental Buddhist teaching as a therapy to disentangle psychological knots. The Buddhist venture is a pathway to ultimate liberation from suffering and Dhamma is the guide to reach this path. Psychologically liberation denotes freedom from emotional captivity, in which therapy and coaching are meant to disentangle psychological entanglement to prevent mental ailments.
Because of the primacy of practice in Dhamma, this certificate course is inextricably entwined with practicum supervision and intervention.
Consist of three course units:
- CBPC 01: Fundamentals of Buddhist Psychology
- CBPC 02: Counselling Aspects in Buddhist Psychology
- CBPC 03: Psychotherapeutic Aspects of Buddhist Psychology
Expected Learning Outcomes
Upon the successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Recognize basic knowledge about the fundamentals of Buddhist teachings related to Buddhist psychology, counselling psychotherapy.
- Produce creative and logical thinkers who identify the Buddhist therapeutic methods and counselling
- Analyze and compare the modern psychology, counselling and psychotherapeutic principles with Buddhist methods, with practical value and applicability
- Assess basic knowledge on Buddhist psychology, counselling and psychotherapy that could be used to resolve psychological and social problems in the global context.
- Finally, this certificate will give the fundamental principles of Buddhist psychology, counselling and Buddhist psychotherapy which will enable students to further their knowledge to the next level of study.
No prior knowledge is required but the applicants to fulfil one of the following requirements:
- O/A Level / MCE / SPM (Minimum)
- Passed and fluency in English is mandatory
- Any other qualification acceptable by MyBA Academic Board
- Students are expected to be fluent with Microsoft office and online app.
- Attendance: 20%
- Two Assignments: 30%
- Final Examination: 50%
Award of Certificate
- Achieved 80% attendance.
- Upon successful completion of the course, assignments and passed final examination.
- Fulfilling all the requirements for the award of CBPC Certificate will be eligible for admission into next level of Buddhist psychology study.
Saturday & Sunday
9:30 am to 12:30 pm
2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Lectures, classroom discussions, assignments or case studies
(Via Online Zoom)
Prof. Dr.Wasantha Priyadarshana