Further details to be announced later.
About The Programme
Five Course Units and Essay
- DBSF 03015: Historical Background of Buddhism
- DBSF 03025: Fundamental Teaching of Buddhism
- DBSF 03035: Theravada and Mahayana Buddhism
- DBSF 03087: Essay (3,500 words)
- DBSF 03044: Buddhist Ethics and Mediation
- DBSF 03054: Abhidhamma and Development of Buddhist Thoughts
- Pass in STPM or London A Level; or
- Pass in GCE (General Certificate of Education) Advanced Level or its equivalent; or
- Diploma, preferably in Buddhist Studies from a recognised university or institution
Who Should Join This Programme
- Sunday school teachers
- Dhamma speakers
- Managers, organisers, leaders, coordinators and volunteers of Buddhist Institutions and organisations
- Social workers & counselors
- Anyone interested to acquire insightful knowledge and understanding of Buddhism
Awarded by University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- Upon successful completion in the final examination set by UoK
- Graduate students with UoK Diploma in Buddhist Studies qualify for admission to Master of Arts in Buddhist Studies program with any university
1 Year (Full Time)
2 Semesters In A Calendar Year
Saturday & Sunday
9 am to 5 pm
Lectures, discussions, assignments & workshops
- A Bachelor’s Degree course, which comprises Buddhist studies as a subject or a major course unit, or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any subject together with one year Diploma in Buddhist studies, or
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Buddhist Studies from a recognized university is eligible to obtain admission to this programme.
- Upon successful completion in the final examination set by UoK.
- Graduate students with UoK M.A. in Buddhist Studies qualify for admission to Ph.D in Buddhist studies program with any university.
Mode Of Study
1 year; Two semesters in one calendar year.
Saturday & Sunday:
- Morning: 09:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m
- Afternoon: 02:00 – 05:00 p.m